In-kind donations include donating items on our needs list and donating professional services such as haircuts and legal assistance. Additionally, we accept car donations. Donated cars are given to residents who have no transportation and therefore have no way to get to and from work. By donating a car, you are helping change a life by giving someone the tools they need to become self-sufficient.
View a complete Needs List
All monetary donations made to Circle of Hope directly benefit the families we assist and the programs we provide. Your support is essential in helping us serve families affected by domestic violence. You may make your tax-deductible contribution by mail or on-line through PayPal. If mailing, please send contribution:
Circle of Hope
PO Box 833
Cornelia, Georgia 30531
Leave Your Legacy with a Planned Gift to Circle of Hope
It can be surprising for one to realize the great things accomplished with a planned gift to Circle of Hope. Due to the variety of planned gifts available, wealth is not necessary, nor do you have to part with assets now. The only requirement is to have the desire to make the world a better place for women and children experiencing domestic violence.
Including Circle of Hope in your will or estate plans is one of the most meaningful ways to invest in its mission of supporting, empowering and bringing hope to those affected by domestic violence. By supporting the future of Circle of Hope in this way, It will create a legacy for the principles and values most important to you.
Benefits of Planned Giving
In addition to ensuring the future of Circle of Hope, planned gifts offer many possible benefits to donors as well. See benefits listed below:
- Make a lasting gift to a cause of which you believe
- Make a larger charitable gift than you thought possible
- Increase your current income
- Reduce your income tax and/or avoid capital gains tax
- Plan for the financial needs of a spouse or loved one
- Preserve your capital, thereby increasing the income generated by your assets and the inheritance passed on to heirs
- Receive an immediate charitable tax reduction
- Generate a gift that may cost nothing in your lifetime but is priceless for future generations
Planned gifts are more important than ever to Circle of Hope. Planned gifts:
- Result in a substantial source of future income that is often more than an individual can give during his or her lifetime
- Secure our economic future, independent of government funding priorities or economic fluctuations
- Enable us to plan to meet future needs, knowing a secure source of funds is available to us
There are many ways to leave your legacy to Circle of Hope, many of which have significant tax advantages for you and your beneficiaries:
- Bequests –Bequest a specific sum, property, percentage of your estate, or portion of the remainder of your estate to Circle of Hope in your will. This is the simplest and most common planned gift.
- Beneficiary Designation Gift – Designate us as a beneficiary of a retirement, investment or bank account or your life insurance policy. Depending on the plan, Circle of Hope can be named as a full, partial, or contingent beneficiary. This is an easy and affordable way to provide a gift to support Circle of Hope.
- Gift of Real Estate –Donate real estate as an outright gift, as a bequest, or as a gift into a charitable remainder trust.
- Gift Annuities - Give Circle of Hope an unrestricted gift. In exchange, Circle of Hope pays you a specific income for life.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts – Transfer property such as stocks or bonds to a trustee who pays income to you. You receive a charitable donation and Circle of Hope receives the property at the end of the trust.
- Charitable Lead Trusts – Transfer property such as stocks or bonds to a trustee who pays income to Circle of Hope. Your beneficiaries receive the remainder at the end of the trust.
Cell Phone Fundraising Program
Circle of Hope partners with the Shelter Alliance, a firm that specializes in the logistics and underwriting of fundraising programs through the collection as well as the responsible recycling of used cellular phones. For Circle of Hope, this program functions with a dual purpose, serving not only as a fundraising initiative but also providing a vital safety resource to victims.
Donations of used or unwanted cell phones may be made at one of the locations listed below during business hours:
Circle of Hope Thrift Store- Clarkesville
Circle of Hope Thrift Store- Cornelia
Chamber of Commerce- Toccoa
Clarkesville Police Department
Cornelia Police Department
Cleveland Police Department
Holcomb's Office Supply- Cornelia
St. Matthias Episcopal Church- Toccoa